Olivia Palermo was the epitome of natural beauty at her wedding to Johannes Huebl.
The brunette beauty kept her make-up clean and simple, focusing attention on her smoky eyes and deep pink lips.
For brides wanting to recreate Olivia's stunning look, follow these steps as shared by make-up artist Tori Harris.
Olivia Palermo on her wedding day
1. Start with the eyes. Using a tiny amount of primer on your brush, apply over the lid and up to the brow bone. The next stage is to dab on and blend in your chosen foundation over the lids and up to the eyebrows, carefully dusting this with a translucent powder. To create the smoky brown look use a dark brown gel liner to draw a line across the top lash line – don't worry if it is not perfectly straight as you're going to blend! In the inner corner blend a light pink or taupe colour. Change brush to blend a dark brown or grey/brown from the outer edge and in towards the corner.
2. To create Olivia's amazing lash definition use a volumising mascara such as Dior's Backstage Mascara in waterproof. Use a few individual lashes on the outer corners to open up the eyes and add emphasis. Finally take the gel liner and an angled brush and from the outer edge of the upper lash line define the line you drew earlier but only go about ¾ of the way towards the inner corner.
3. Next work on that flawless base that really makes Olivia's wedding make-up. To start with use a facial wipe to gently clean around the eye area, removing any mascara or powder smudges. Use a primer all over the face before applying foundation, such as Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation for full coverage. Set with translucent powder for a matt finish.
4. Using a soft peach blush such as Benefit's Georgia sweep the blush from the apples to the temples to lift the face. Without applying any more blusher, use the brush to dust over the centre of the forehead and end of the chin to shape the face. Use highlighter on the top of the cheeks, under the brow bone and a little down the nose to create a natural glow.
5. To recreate Olivia's defined brows, use a brow gel such as MAC's Brow Set in clear to shape the brow and tame any strays. Then use a powder and angled brush to lightly fill in the brows and create a defined but natural shape. You can also finish off the eyes at this stage by using a little of the grey/brown powder under the eyes in the outer corners and then a little of a golden eye shadow under the lower lash line in the middle – this is great for reflecting light and opening up the eyes.
6. The final touch is the lipstick. Olivia went for a beautiful natural pink tone lipstick, which keeps the emphasis on the eyes but finishes off the look. I love Bobbi Browns Rich Lip Colour in Pink Peony for a similar finish. Don't forget to prepare your lips with a lip primer first for a smooth finish.
Visit www.toriharris.co.uk for more inspiration, ideas and advice.
It's a little princess!