Most women want their wedding to be the best day of their life, but the pressure of pulling off everything to perfection is contributing to the rise of the stressed-out, envious bride.
A survey carried out among 1,000 newly married women by online gift retailer GettingPersonal.co.uk showed that four in ten got "fiercely competitive" when planning their day, while an even larger number wanted their nuptials to be better than their friends.
Having incredible photos for social media was also a big motivator, with three in ten highly concerned about how their wedding looked on Facebook.
Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway play stressed-out brides in 2009's comedy Bride Wars
Wedding etiquette: to use social media or not?
While competition between friends can reach fever pitch, it's wasn't just about outdoing others that stressed out brides-to-be.
Factors such as unpredictable weather, a misbehaving best man, the happiness of bridesmaids and difficult seating plans all piled on the pressure.
A solution put forward by the gifting website was to make the day the couple's own. "There's definitely a trend now for every wedding to go one step further than the norm," a spokesperson for the site said.
"Though it's stressful, it's the personal touches that really add that special something to a wedding day, so that everyone can enjoy it as much as the newlyweds. We can see how important this has become to brides as we now sell more personalised wedding favours and accessories than ever before."
Best friends Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway fall out over wedding plans in the film
Top 20 causes of stress for brides-to-be:
1. Unwanted wedding guests
2. Bridesmaids complaining about dresses
3. Negative comments about bride's choices
4. Family politics due to step-parents
5. Mother-in-law taking over
6. Complaints about the seating plan
7. Not enough help planning the wedding
8. A disappointing hen-do
9. A misbehaving best-man
10. Photos being tagged on Facebook
11. The bridesmaids putting on weight
12. Pressure to look great in the dress
13. Stories from the stag-do
14. Looking her best in professional photographs
15. Choosing food everyone will like
16. Bad weather
17. Bridesmaid outshining the bride
18. Too many children coming to the wedding
19. Wanting a better wedding than a friend's
20. Not wanting guests to get bored
What would you be most stressed out about? Leave your comments below or tweet us on @hellomag.
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...