Brucie set for next series of 'Strictly' but with a pay cut

Wednesday July 1, 2009

Strictly Come Dancing host Bruce Forsyth has reportedly agreed to present the next series of the popular dance show with a 25 per cent pay cut.

Instead of his usual £660,000 salary the TV personality will take home £500,000 because of across the board reductions in the BBC's wage bill.

"In times like these people are taking cuts. Gone are the days when you'd get a Brucie bonus for being loyal," said a source close to the star.

"But can you imagine watching Strictly without Bruce? It would be unthinkable."

Earlier this year the 81-year-old presenter was forced to scotch rumours that he planned to retire. "I'll know when I've had enough. But for now I still love showbusiness," he said.

  • <
  • Brucie set for next series of 'Strictly' but with a pay cut

  • >
  • 4 of 8