Kevin Costner: Diana wanted to star in 'Bodyguard 2'

Thursday April 12, 2012

Princess Diana was in talks to appear in a sequel to The Bodyguard shortly before her death, says Kevin Costner.

The princess was reportedly to have had a role specially written for her, following in the footsteps of the late Whitney Houston.

Kevin, who also produced the 1992 film, said: "Diana and I had been talking about doing Bodyguard 2. I told her I would take care of her just the same way that I took care of Whitney.

"She wanted me to write it for her. I said 'I'll tailor it for you if you're interested.' She goes: 'I am interested.'"

The actor told the Anderson Show in the US that the Bodyguard 2 would have featured his character protecting the People's Princess from paparazzi and stalkers before embarking on an affair with her.

He said that the script was delivered to him on August 31, 1997 – the day before Diana tragically died in a car crash in Paris at the age of 36.

  • <
  • Kevin Costner: Diana wanted to star in 'Bodyguard 2'

  • >
  • 8 of 9