Investigators are looking into whether the deaths of Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack could have been caused by mould.
In February an inquest into the Clueless actress' death ruled that she was killed by pneumonia which was made worse by her use of prescription drugs.
But alarm bells were raised five months later when her husband, a British scriptwriter, had a heart attack, brought on by respiratory failure caused by pneumonia.
Mould first came up early into the investigation but was later dropped, according to celebrity website TMZ.
It is now being seen as highly relevant to their deaths as it causes respiratory failure.
Brittany's mother Sharon has allowed investigators to examine the couple's house in West Hollywood Hills.