It's a little princess!
Celebrity friends of Amanda Holden have taken to Twitter to send messages of support to the Britain's Got Talent judge after the tragic news that she has lost her baby after seven months.
Spice girl Emma Bunton, who is expecting her second child, said: "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and Chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
Myleene Klass, who is also pregnant, wrote: "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven. X"
Amanda's BGT colleague Piers Morgan also expressed his sorrow.
"So desperately sad for my special friend Amanda Holden – sending her and Chris my love and prayers at this horrible time," he said.
Amanda, who was due to give birth at the end of March, has been taken away to grieve in private by her husband Chris Hughes.
Thirty--nine-year-old Amanda was admitted to hospital last Tuesday after complaining she hadn't felt the baby kick for a whole day. Doctors were unable to save him.
Her spokesman Alison Griffin said: "They are utterly devastated. Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong."
"Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at the Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital for their tremendous support."
The couple now face an agonising wait for test results that might reveal what went wrong.
It was only four weeks ago that Amanda revealed she was pregnant. She waited so long to share the news as she was wary after suffering a miscarriage last year.
In an interview about that time, she said: "It was without doubt the blackest period of my life.
"I have such a charmed and lovely life and I just never imagined I would miscarry a baby. Never. You never think it might happen to you."
Twitter messages for Amanda
- Piers Morgan: "So desperately sad for my special friend Amanda Holden – sending her and Chris my love and prayers at this horrible time."
- Emma Bunton: "Absolutely devastated for Amanda Holden and Chris. Thinking of them and sending our prayers at this very sad time."
- Myleene Klass: "My sweetheart. I'm so very sorry. Please God, watch over your family and your little angel in heaven. X"
- Davina McCall: "Just heard the news about Amanda Holden. So sorry. Thinking of you and Chris."
- Cutting It actress Sarah Parish: "My love and prayers go out to a very dear friend today. Keep strong my angel."
- James Corden "Sending all my love and prayers to Amanda Holden and Chris."
- Lorraine Kelly "My sincere condolences to Amanda Holden and Chris - so sad they have lost their baby - my thoughts are with them and their families"
- Holly Willoughby: "Amanda Holden thinking of you and sending you so much love...x"
- Lord Sugar: "Let me join others about the sad news about Amanda Holden, tragedy for family all thoughts with them "
It's a little princess!