Since CBS halted production of his TV sitcom Two and a Half Men, Charlie Sheen has embarked on a prolific media campaign, appearing onscreen in a number of unapologetic and offbeat interviews.
Now the 45-year-old has a new method of communication at his disposal – his own Twitter account.
On Tuesday, the troubled star, 45, signed up to the popular socialising network. And before he had even sent his first 'tweet' he had amassed more than 150,000 followers. Within one hour, that number had grown to 280,000.
In his first message, Charlie – who describes himself as an "unemployed winner" – posted a picture of himself and one of his two live-in 'goddess' girlfriends, adult actress Bree Olson, holding up bottle of chocolate milk and one of fruit juice.
It was accompanied by the caption: "Winning! Choose your vice."
Avid Twitter user Piers Morgan – one of the many interviewees to talk to Charlie this week (see below) - has revealed he encouraged the star to sign up to the site, tweeting: "I told @charliesheen to join Twitter during commercial break last night. He chuckled and said: 'That could be fun, maybe I will…"
He later added: "Time to doff my cap to @charliesheen who is about to overtake my follower count in ONE day with THREE tweets. New King Of Twitter."
Certainly Charlie – who has submitted to live drug testing while blitzing the chat show circuit - will have a lot to write about.
According to US media outlets, the actor has just lost custody of his twin sons over concerns for his erratic behaviour.
It is being widely reported that police officers visited his Beverley Hills home on Tuesday to take Bob and Max, 23-months.
Asked to respond to the news by US website Radaronline, Charlie bizarrely replied: "My fangs are dripping with tiger blood."
He later returned to Twitter to write: "My sons are fine…My path is now clear…Defeat is not an option…!"
According to TMZ, his estranged wife Brooke Mueller won a restraining order against Charlie earlier on Tuesday, based on allegations he has been physically and verbally abusive towards her.
In her legal declaration, the mum-of-two reportedly expressed concern that Charlie, who she described as "currently insane", will "find me and attack me".
"I am in great fear for the children's safety while in his care," she added, before alleging that the TV star had taken the boys from her home without her permission on February 26, and has since stopped her seeing them.
A hearing has been set for March 22 to establish whether the restraining order will be extended. Both Charlie and Brooke are required to attend.
Contacted by People to ask whether he would fight for custody of his sons, Charlie – whose long-term publicist Stan Rosenfield quit this week - replied with a text message that read: "Born ready. Winning."
Charlie and third wife Brooke split up in 2009 after an altercation on Christmas Day, and they filed their final divorce paper in February of this year. Their separation is expected to be finalised on May 2.
It's a little princess!