Much has changed in the short space of a week for Elisabetta Canalis.
Just seven days ago there was talk of wedding bells as the glam Italian TV presenter was spotted leaving a restaurant following a romantic date with George Clooney.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY OF GEORGE AND ELISABETTA'S ROMANTIC MOMENTS
On Friday, she cut a very different figure, as strolled through Milan's Malpensa Airport airport with her two dogs to catch a flight to Sardinia.
The 32-year-old was probably heading back to her hometown of Sassari, which is located on the island, for some time away from the spotlight following her split with the Hollywood actor.
The pair confirmed they have broken up this week with the following statement: “We are not together any more.
“It’s very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy.”
Reports have claimed the couple split following an argument at George's Lake Como home on the very evening they were pictured leaving the restaurant.
The couple are said to have got into a heated debate after the conversation turned to remarks she had made about marriage in a recent interview.
"I could never be with someone who every time he opens his mouth says he doesn’t want a child with me or to marry me," the 32-year-old told Italian weekly magazine Chi.
"My boyfriend has not given an interview on his private life since 1999 – everything that you read is just a rehash of stuff that has been written in the past."
She added: "I am a firm believer in marriage, in the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am, I don’t need anything to confirm how happy I am."
George didn't share her views, and that may have been the problem. He told Piers Morgan last January that he had been put off marriage after things didn't work with his first wife actress Talia Balsam.
"I was married," he said. "I gave it a shot. I wouldn't have the patience and dedication you need to take care of a family. I admire those qualities in other people, but it's not for me."
Elisabetta's representative has said she will not be commenting on the break up. 'It is a very personal and sad matter,' said the spokeperson. "And Elisabetta wants it to remain that way."
The editor of the magazine to which the glam brunette gave the interview described the separation as "a complete surprise."
Alfonso Signorini, who is also a close friend of Elisabetta's, added: "They were getting on really well.
"Last week I was with Elisabetta the whole day shooting a programme and we were together until 1am and she must have had about 60 text messages from George.
"I said to her, 'Darling stop otherwise we will never finish.' She was so excited about meeting him as he had a few days off from shooting his film in London.
"From what I know it was him who dumped her and she stormed out of the villa. I've tried to get her on the telephone but it's switched off."
The editor said the couple had a "complicated relationship".
He explained: "It's not easy to be with a star of that calibre - when she gave us the interview a fortnight ago she was terrified about speaking of their private life."
It's a little princess!