CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY
“Here’s an insiders tip for a real East London food experience – you’ve got to try Pie & Mash (Tony Lane),” he advises.
Only last month, he posted photographs of himself and his mother eating at the East End spot.
David also recommends theme parks to keep the little ones entertained.
“Kids can’t get enough of theme parks as I know being a father of four,” he says of his sons Brooklyn, 13, Romeo, nine, Cruz, seven and 11-month-old daughter Harper Seven.
“You're never far away from one in Britain,' he adds.
The 37-year-old, who has ‘always been brought up to love the royal family’, suggests a visit to Buckingham Palace.
“Buckingham Palace is in the heart of London and it’s been the scene of so many great moments in British history – none of us will ever forget the amazing wedding last year,” he said, speaking of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s nuptials that he was lucky enough to attend.
“Best of all, it’s open for visitors during the summer so you can have a look around the state apartments.”
The LA Galaxy player was also keen to point visitors in the direction of the football league, suggesting tourists watch a Premier League match as ‘you can’t beat the atmosphere’.
David’s top ten tourist suggestions
- Take a tour of Buckingham Palace
- Experience some real east London food at Tony Lane’s Pie & Mash shop
- Go on a stadium tour of Old Trafford and the new Wembley
- Grab some fresh air at one of the Royal Parks like Hyde, The Regent's or Richmond
- Play a round of golf at St Andrews
- Go shopping at Manchester's Northern Quarter, or markets like Camden, Portobello or Spitalfields
- Take the kids to Thorpe Park or on the Harry Potter tour
- Don't miss London's theatre scene and plays like War Horse or Jersey Boys
- Eat at Ceconnis or NOPI in London
- Go for a walk in the countryside and stop off at a pub along the way
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...