TOWIE stars Lucy Mecklenburgh and Jessica Wright have been suspended from the show following a fall-out with Jasmin Walia. During filming on Wednesday, an argument erupted and Jasmin was injured as a result. Now her co-stars have been told they must take a break from the reality programme.
Confirming the news to the Mail, an ITV spokesperson said, "We are taking this matter very seriously, and while our investigations continue, producers have informed Jessica and Lucy that they will not be filming for the show."
CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE
On Wednesday, Jasmin was pictured leaving James Argent's house with two bandages on her arm. Wedding singer Arg had organised a small party at his home and invited his co-stars Lucy, Jessica, her boyfriend Ricky Rayment, Jasmin and Abigail Clarke.
But it seems that Lucy — pictured during her recent holiday in Marbella — and Jessica ended up falling out with Jasmin, reportedly over Lucy's ex Mario Falcone.
"The row was getting out of hand and way beyond the usual handbags that go on on the show," a source said. "A producer decided he had to act and dashed in to break it up."
TV bosses decided to cut the argument from Sunday evening's episode.
Lucy, 21, and Jasmin were seen clashing in TOWIE's Marbella special last week when Lucy told Jasmin she was "welcome" to ex-fiancé Mario after she spotted the pair flirting.
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...