Ten top ways to get the kids eating more carrots
Click here to view carrot recipes in our recipe archive
- Fill jacket potatoes or sandwiches with a mixture of grated carrot and Red Leicester cheese.
- Serve carrot sticks with favourite dips such as houmous or cheese and onion.
- Roast carrots with other root vegetables like potatoes, parsnips and swede.
- Add grated carrots to salad and toss with all the other ingredients.
- Grate carrots and add to stews, casseroles, pasta sauces and curries – they’ll disintegrate into the sauce so you can’t see them.
- If coleslaw is a hit, add extra grated carrot to your regular brand before serving.
- Add extra cooked carrots to canned or cartons of soup, then liquidise before serving.
- Mix mashed carrots with mashed potato, then use to top cottage pie or fish pie.
- Sweat diced carrot with onion when you make a tomato sauce for pasta
- Get the kids involved in making carrot cake – a delicious treat