Enjoy a healthy and affordable midweek dinner with this couscous-coated salmon recipe from The Savvy Shopper's Cookbook. Created by "budget cooking queen of the internet", Amy Sheppard, the dish is easy to prepare, with all ingredients available from discount supermarkets. Serve with boiled new potatoes and vegetables, or a simple salad.
1 packet of spicy couscous
165ml/5½fl oz boiling water
4 salmon fillets
3 tbsp plain flour
1 egg, beaten
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Put the couscous into a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 10 minutes.
- Coat each of the salmon fillets in flour and then dip into the beaten egg.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of couscous and gently press down, turn over and repeat, so that the salmon is coated.
- Put all of the couscous-coated fillets onto a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the couscous is crisp and golden and the salmon is cooked through.
See all of our latest recipes here.