Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the marinade
- 400g/14oz large raw prawns, already peeled
- 8 slices Rankin Selection Brown Soda Bread
For the mango salad
- 2 tbsp peanut or olive oil
- Juice and grated zest of 2 limes
- 40g/11⁄2oz brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- Tiny pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 mild red chilli, finely sliced
- 6 radishes, trimmed and finely sliced
- 25g/1oz pomegranate seeds
- 1 small bag ready-prepared mixed baby salad leaves
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp fresh coriander leaves
Mix together the marinade ingredients, pour over the prawns and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Remove prawns from the marinade (reserving the marinade), and cook until pink. Remove and place in a large bowl.
Add the reserved marinade to the frying pan and boil for 2-3 minutes until reduced to a syrup. Add this syrup to the prawns then mix in the mango salad.
To serve, place 2 pieces of the brown soda bread on each plate and top with the prawns and salad.