Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the dressing
- 300g/11oz halloumi, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cos lettuce
- 250g/9oz artichoke hearts in oil, drained and halved
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled, shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 pitta breads, toasted and cut in fat strips
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing, place the egg yolks, vinegar and garlic in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil gradually until emulsified, then add the Worcestershire sauce and anchovy fillet.
Season with pepper.
Heat a frying pan or griddle to high, brush the halloumi with olive oil and cook for 1-2 minutes each side. Tear the lettuce into pieces and place in a bowl. Add the artichokes, olives and eggs, drizzle over the dressing and toss well.
Divide between 4 plates and top each with 2 halloumi slices. Serve with pitta toasts.