Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 150g/5oz brown rice
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 195g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 x 250g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 x 195g can tuna in brine, drained
- 1 x 130g bag crisp mixed salad leaves
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, tip in the rice and cook for 20 minutes or according to the packet instructions.
Meanwhile, make the dressing. Thoroughly mix the olive oil, lime juice, sugar and coriander together, season then set aside.
Drain the rice in a sieve and rinse under running cold water until cool. Drain again, then empty into a bowl.
Add the dressing, celery, onion, sweetcorn, kidney beans, tuna and mixed salad and toss to mix before serving.