Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g/7oz potato, such as Desiree, peeled and diced into 1cm/1⁄2in cubes
- 1 x 400g (or 2 x 198g) can Green Giant sweet corn, drained
- 650ml/22fl oz chicken stock
- 6 tbsp double cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Crusty bread to serve
Melt the butter in a pan until it foams, add the shallot and sauté for 5 minutes until soft. Add the potato, sweet corn and stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft. Transfer half of the mixture to a blender and whizz smooth, then return to the pan with the remaining mixture and stir in the cream.
Season to taste then add the chicken.
Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled over and with crusty bread on the side.