Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g/11⁄4lb podded broad beans
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for cooking the lamb
- 25g/1oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded mint leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8-12 lamb cutlets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the broad beans to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Shell the beans and discard the skins.
In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard and garlic, then gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add the shelled broad beans, sun-dried tomatoes, mint and parsley, stir gently to combine then season.
When you are ready to serve, heat a griddle
pan until hot. Brush the lamb cutlets with olive
oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper
then cook on the hot griddle for a few minutes on
each side, until cooked to preference. Season the
cooked cutlets with a little salt and leave to rest
for a couple of minutes before serving.
Serve 2-3 cutlets per person, along with a
generous helping of the broad bean salad.