Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 50ml/2fl oz soy sauce
- Pinch of ground star anise or Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 25ml/1fl oz Chinese rice wine
- 25ml/1fl oz Chinese rice vinegar
- Groundnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g/11oz Young’s Caribbean Prawns
- 2 heads pak-choi, trimmed and leaves separated
In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, star anise or Chinese five spice powder, sugar, rice wine and vinegar. Set aside.
Add a little groundnut oil to a hot wok or frying pan then add the garlic and ginger.
Cook, stirring, until they start to brown then toss in the prawns and the pak-choi and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the pak-choi starts to wilt. Pour in the reserved sauce, stir and cook for a further minute.
Serve immediately piled onto warm plates.