Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 600g/1lb 5oz lamb, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 Fairtrade cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp Fairtrade ground ginger
- 6 Fairtrade cloves
- 1/2 tsp Fairtrade ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Fairtrade dried apricots
- 2 tbsp Fairtrade honey
Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add the onion and the lamb and cook until the lamb is browned all over.
Stir in the coriander, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and turmeric. Cook for 1-2 minutes then pour in enough water to just cover the lamb. Season, then bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 11/2 hours then add the apricots and simmer for a further 30 minutes. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
Remove the lid and stir in the honey. Simmer for a further 10 minutes with the lid off to reduce the liquid then serve with couscous or rice.