Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 50g/2oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250g/9oz dried penne rigate
- 250g/9oz button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 Fairtrade red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 small head of radicchio, weighing 250-275g/9-10oz, cored and finely shredded
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream
- 50g/2oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 175g/6oz Dolcelatte cheese, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground Fairtrade black pepper
- Fresh sage leaves to garnish
Put a large saucepan of water on to boil.
Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas 7. Grease an ovenproof dish, 23 x 28cm/9 x 11in, with a little butter then set aside.
When the water has started to boil, add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions until just al dente.
Meanwhile, melt 2oz butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, pepper and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sage and radicchio and remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream, Parmesan and Dolcelatte, then set aside.
When the pasta has cooked, drain thoroughly.
Add to the cheese mixture, along with the mushroom mix, and stir to combine. Season to taste.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the top is browned and bubbly. Garnish with the fresh sage leaves to serve.