Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 700g/11⁄2lb potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 jar Peppadew Mild or Hot Whole Sweet Piquanté Peppers, rinsed, drained and halved
- 100g/4oz chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- Paprika and chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley to garnish
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry over a medium heat, stirring often, for 10-12 minutes, or until almost tender.
Add the onion and garlic and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, then add the pepper halves and chorizo, if using, and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often. Season to taste.
Using the back of a tablespoon, make 3 spaces in the hash and carefully crack an egg into each space.
Cook over a medium-low heat until the eggs are set.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with paprika and chopped flat-leaf parsley.