Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g/1lb 2oz lean pork shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 eating apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery sticks,
- trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml/1pt vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 jar Mild or Hot Peppadew Whole Sweet Piquanté Peppers, drained
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 50g/2oz red lentils, rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander or parsley to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
Heat the vegetable oil in a flameproof casserole. Add the pork chunks and cook over a high heat until sealed and browned all over. Add the chopped onion, garlic, apple, carrots and celery then cook, stirring, for another 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the coriander and cumin, then add the stock, peppers, chickpeas, lentils and tomato purée. Stir well, season, then cover the casserole with a lid and cook in the preheated oven for 11/2-2 hours.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander or parsley just before serving.