Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 6 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 225g/8oz button mushrooms, wiped and quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into diagonal strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225g/8oz Arborio risotto rice
- 900ml/11⁄2pt hot vegetable stock
- 25g/1oz grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra shavings to garnish
- Handful wild rocket leaves
Mix together the soy sauce, chilli sauce and lemon juice.
Place the prepared vegetables in a bowl and pour over the soy marinade. Set aside while you cook the rice.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the rice and turn to coat thoroughly in the oil, then add the stock a little at a time over a low heat, stirring the rice constantly and allowing the liquid to be absorbed between each addition of stock.
Continue to add the stock like this until all is used up. After about 25 minutes the rice should be creamy and tender.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated Parmesan. Set aside.
Heat a wok and add the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Stir-fry the marinated vegetables for 3 minutes, then add the remaining marinade and allow to sizzle for a few minutes. Fold the rice into the cooked vegetables and spoon into warm bowls. Top with rocket and shavings of Parmesan then serve immediately.