Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125g/41/2oz smoked back bacon, roughly chopped, or bacon lardons
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml/9fl oz chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 x 400g cans mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g/14oz cooked turkey, roughly chopped
- 50g/2oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g/4oz Grana Padano, freshly grated
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, bacon and celery then cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock and soy sauce, bring to the boil then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
Preheat the grill to medium hot. Add the Dijon mustard, mixed beans and turkey to the cassoulet and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, grated Grana Padano and parsley.
Transfer the turkey cassoulet to a shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the breadcrumb mixture then drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place under the preheated grill and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Spoon into 4 warmed bowls and serve straight away.