Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 375g/13oz Tagliatelle Paglia e Fieno
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g/9oz chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- Splash of Pernod
- 1 x 284ml carton single cream
- 75g/3oz Grana Padano, grated, plus a little extra for sprinkling
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, until al dente.
Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and sauté the shallots for 2-3 minutes. Add a splash of Pernod and boil rapidly for 1-2 minutes to reduce. Pour in the cream, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute before stirring in the grated Grano Padano. Simmer while you drain the pasta.
Return the pasta to its pan and stir in the Grana Padano cream and mushrooms. Serve in warm bowls sprinkled with a little extra Grana Padano.