Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 175g/6oz unsalted butter
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 450g/1lb peeled brown shrimps
- Brown bread to serve
- Sprigs of fresh dill to garnish
- 1 unwaxed lemon cut into six wedges
Melt the butter in a pan. Stir in the ground black pepper, mace, cayenne pepper and bay leaf, then allow to cool until just warm. Remove the bay leaf.
Divide the shrimps between 6 ramekins. Cover with the spiced butter and a little salt, then chill in the fridge until set.
Griddle the brown bread until toasted then serve warm with the potted shrimps, garnished with a sprig of dill and with a lemon wedge for squeezing over.