Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the tagine
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 100g/4oz Pure spread (any kind)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1kg/2.2lb mix of carrots, parsnips, sweet potato, potato and aubergine, peeled and cut into chunks
- 600ml/1pt vegetable stock
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 4 dried prunes, chopped
- 1 Cox apple, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the flatbreads
- 75g/3oz Pure spread (any kind)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Grated zest of 1⁄2 a lemon and 1 tsp of juice
- 4 mini flatbreads
Infuse the saffron in a little warm water. Set aside.
Melt 2 tbsp of Pure in a pan, add the onion and garlic and stir-fry until golden. Add the remaining Pure, cinnamon stick, ground cumin, coriander and vegetables then stir-fry for 5 minutes to brown slightly. Pour over the vegetable stock, add the saffron infusion and lemon zest. Bring to the boil, add the apricots and prunes then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the apple and simmer for another 10 minutes then season with balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and salt and black pepper.
For the lemon and coriander flatbreads, mix the Pure with the chopped coriander, lemon zest and juice and spread on the mini flatbreads.
Heat in a moderately hot oven (190°C, 375°F, Gas 5) for 3 minutes, then serve while still warm alongside the tagine.