Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 400g/14oz strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 small meringues (nests or shells), lightly crushed
- 5 tbsp clotted cream
- Few fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
Place the strawberries in a large bowl.
Mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in a jug then add enough to the strawberries to coat them lightly.
Arrange the coated strawberries on a serving plate and place the pieces of meringue among them. Top with quenelles or spoonfuls of clotted cream and the shredded basil then drizzle the remaining dressing around the edge.