Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 225g/8oz raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Spray oil for frying
- 25g/1oz unsalted cashew nuts
- 125g/41⁄2oz shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 200g/7oz broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small piece of fresh root ginger,
- peeled and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 4 tbsp rice wine
Mix together the cornflour and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Add the prawns and turn to coat. Stir in the soy sauce and leave in a cool place for 30 minutes.
Spray some oil into a wok and stir-fry the cashews over a high heat for 30 seconds until golden. Remove and set aside.
Add the mushrooms to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes, until pink. Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return the nuts to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, add the rice wine and a little water, then cover and cook for a further minute. Serve immediately.