Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or olive oil
- 6 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped lemon grass
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh root ginger
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 450ml/3⁄4pt chicken stock, made with a chicken stock cube dissolved in boiling water
- 1⁄2 jar Peppadew Mild or Hot Whole Sweet Piquanté Peppers, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 150g packets ready-to-use medium noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coriander sprigs to garnish
Heat the sesame or olive oil in a wok or large, non-stick frying pan.
Add the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, ginger and chicken then sauté over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the coconut milk, chicken stock and Peppadew peppers. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced a little.
Stir in the noodles and chopped coriander, then simmer for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve in warm bowls, garnished with coriander sprigs.