Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 6 fresh figs
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 50ml/2fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lavender honey
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 baby plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, roughly shredded
- 12 slices of pancetta
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat the grill.
Cut a cross on the top of each fig, gently squeeze to open, then scoop out the pulp. Set aside with the skins.
Mix the mozzarella with half each of the olive oil, honey and vinegar. Stir in the fig pulp, tomatoes and basil. Pack the mix into the fig skins then wrap two slices of pancetta around each one, securing with a cocktail stick.
Mix together the remaining oil, honey and vinegar then use to lightly brush the figs. Grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle over any remaining olive oil, honey and balsamic mix. Serve immediately.