Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 pack Smithfield No1 Outdoor Reared Pork Sausages with Nutmeg, or sausages of your choice
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled, seeds scooped out, and the flesh cut into chunks
For the olive oil mash
- 500g/1lb 2oz potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the onion gravy
- 15g/1⁄2oz butter
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable stock
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender. Drain and mash, adding the olive oil. Season.
Put the sausages and butternut squash in a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
For the gravy, heat the butter in a pan until foaming. Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the flour, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sugar, then stir in the stock and bring to the boil.
Serve the sausages and butternut squash with the onion gravy spooned over and the mash on the side.