Ingredients (Serves 4
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g/9oz portabello mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 leek, trimmed, finely sliced and well rinsed
- 100g/4oz baby button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 x 70g bag ready-prepared rocket
- 50g/2oz sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 100g/4oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 25g/1oz pecorino or Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Rocket salad to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5 and lightly oil and base-line a 20cm/8in round tin. Don’t use a loose-based tin or the egg will run out. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté over a high heat for 5-6 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir in the leek and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the rocket, tomatoes and feta then season well. Spoon the mix into the prepared tin.
Beat the eggs with a little seasoning, then pour over the mushroom mix, scatter over the grated cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the egg has set and the top is golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve with rocket salad.