Ingredients (Serves 4
- 250g/9oz skinless chicken breast, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 40g/11⁄2oz fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into very fine julienne strips
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp water
Tenderise the chicken strips using a meat mallet or the blunt edge of a cleaver. Rub with the sesame oil and set aside for 15 minutes.
Heat the sunflower oil in a wok, add the ginger and garlic and cook until light brown. Add the chicken, stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the soy sauce and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute so the chicken absorbs the seasonings thoroughly, then add the water, stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
Heap into warm bowls and serve with freshly cooked boiled rice or noodles