- Slices of dried mango or dried apricots, for beaks and feet
- Slices of fresh mango, skin removed
- Ready-made individual meringues – allow 2 per chick
- Anchor Extra Thick Real Dairy Cream
- Tube of ready-made black icing or currants, for eyes
To make beaks, cut the dried mango or apricots into small diamond shapes, then fold in half. For the feet, cut small squares then cut a zigzag shape along one edge of each one.
For each chick, place a slice of fresh mango on the flat side of a meringue, squirt with a swirl of cream, then sandwich together with another meringue.
Gently push a beak into the cream and sit the chick on the feet. Carefully squeeze a couple of small dots of black icing for the eyes, or alternatively push in currants, and serve straight away.