- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 150ml/1/4pint Rubicon mango juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Alfonso mangoes, stone removed, peeled and flesh finely chopped
- 500g/1lb2oz minced pork
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 4 burger buns, split
Mix the arrowroot with a little of the mango juice until smooth and then add the Worcestershire sauce and simmer until thickened slightly. Stir in two-thirds of the mango and allow to cool. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, mix together the remaining mango, minced pork, spring onion, mint, salt and pepper and egg until well combined. Shape into four burgers and arrange on a foil lined tray. Grill under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes on each side.
Fill the buns with some lettuce leaves, mango and pork burger and tomato and onion salad if liked. Serve with the mango chutney on the side.