Portuguese burgers with tomato and coriander salsa
As no barbecue is complete without burgers, make this juicy home-made version and serve with a piquant salsa
15 JULY 2009
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the salsa
- 400g/14oz lean beef mince
- 50g/2oz onion, finely diced
- Pinch of salt
- 75ml/3fl oz Nando’s Portuguese BBQ Marinade
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Flour for dusting
- 4 crusty rolls to serve
- 150g/5oz fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50g/2oz medium onions, finely chopped
- Handful coriander leaves, freshly chopped
- 3 tsp Nando’s Extra Extra Hot Peri-Peri Sauce
First make the burgers. Mix the beef mince, onion, salt, marinade and eggs together then, using damp hands, form 4 equal-sized patties and dust lightly with flour.
Cook the burgers over preheated barbecue coals for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the salsa ingredients or use a blender if you prefer.
Serve the barbecued burgers on the crusty rolls, topped with a generous helping of the salsa on each.