Fish and kale creole
Add kale to a traditional creole dish for a novel twist to the dish
11 JANUARY 2010
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 200g bag ready prepared kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 195g can sweetcorn, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g cod, cut into large chunks
- 227g can pineapple slices in natural juice, cut into chunks
Cook the kale in boiling for water for 5 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the Cajun seasoning and sweetcorn for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, kale and 150ml water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the cod and pineapple simmer for a further 5 minutes until cooked through.
Serve with mashed potato.