- ½ quantity pizza dough (see recipe)
- 80g/3½oz tomato sauce
- 45g/1¾oz mozzarella, cubed
- 30g/1¼oz Nduja sausage (from specialist shops and delicatessens)
- 30g/1¼oz roquito peppers, sliced
- 4 large fresh green chillies, finely sliced
- 30g/1¼oz yellow and red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 25g/1oz Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 30g/1¼oz Calabrese sausage DOP (protected destination of origin), sliced
- Pinch of dried Calabrian oregano
- 25g/1oz watercress
- 15g/½oz fresh pesto
- 50g/2oz fior di latte mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas 7. Stretch the dough into a rectangle as in our recipe. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the base, leaving a 1cm/½in gap around the edge. Scatter over the cubed mozzarella. Break the Nduja sausage into small pieces and scatter evenly over the base then scatter the roquito peppers, green chillies and peppers on top. Sprinkle over half of the Grana Padano cheese and add the slices of Calabrese sausage. Season with the oregano, transfer to a non-stick baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
While the pizza is cooking, mix the pesto and watercress gently in a bowl. Remove the pizza from the oven. Tear the fior di latte mozzarella into pieces and scatter over. Scatter over the pesto and watercress mix and finish with a sprinkle of the remaining Grana Padano. Serve straight away.