- 350g/12oz waxy potatoes, peeled
- ½ small aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 200ml/7fl oz reduced-fat coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
Cut the potatoes into 2cm/¾in cubes and the aubergine into 1cm/½in cubes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute until they start popping. Add the chilli then stir in the potatoes and aubergine and fry for 1 minute.
Stir in the turmeric and 200ml/7fl oz cold water. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 8 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, season and bring to the boil then cook, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes until the veg is tender.
Spoon into a warmed serving bowl and serve sprinkled with chopped coriander.