- 4 x 175g/6oz wild Alaska salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 75g/3oz ready-prepared watercress sprigs
For the rub
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
For the yoghurt dressing
- 100g/4oz fat-free natural yoghurt
- 15g/½oz fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp runny honey
In 2 separate bowls, mix together the ingredients for the rub and the yoghurt dressing.
Dust the flesh side of the salmon fillets with the rub.
In a non-stick frying pan heat the olive oil. Add the fish, flesh side down, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn over and cook for 2 minutes more – make sure it’s still slightly undercooked.
Put the salmon fillets on 4 warmed serving plates then arrange the watercress sprigs around with yoghurt dressing on the side.
Serve straight away