- 450g (1lb) skinless fish fillets (salmon, haddock, etc) cut into chunks
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Red Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 50g (2oz) fine green beans, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- Dipping sauces
- Lime wedges
- Shredded spring onions
Place the fish chunks, spring onions, chilli, curry paste, coriander, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blend until finely minced.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sliced green beans.
Divide the mixture into 16 pieces, roll each one into a ball and then flatten into discs.
Transfer the fish cakes to a plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour to ‘firm up’.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and when very hot fry the fish cakes for about 1-2 minute each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Lift out and drain on kitchen paper, then serve with a selection of dipping sauces and a wedge of lime. Garnish with spring onions.