Lemon and mustard cobia kebabs
These skewers make a tasty first course, or a main if served with salad or rice. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish – test with the tip of a knife
19 APRIL 2011
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 x 125g/4½oz cobia steaks (or any firm white fish), cut into chunks
- 2 peppers (1 red and 1 green), deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Green salad leaves or steamed white rice, to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Mix the honey and mustard with the lemon zest and juice then put the fish in a dish and pour over the honey mix. Marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Preheat the grill to hot. Thread the fish onto 4 metal skewers, alternating with the red and green pepper chunks and tomatoes.
Reserve the marinade. Cook under the preheated grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked, basting well with the leftover marinade.
To serve, put 1 skewer on each plate with salad leaves or steamed rice. Season with black pepper and serve at once with lemon wedges for squeezing over.