Soufflés can be tricky to get right. But this recipe is simplicity itself yet looks really impressive. An early taste of summer in one little dish!
16 MAY 2011
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 large free-range egg whites
- 125g/4½oz caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Bonne Maman Strawberry Conserve
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust
Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas 6.
Lightly grease 4 small deep ramekin dishes with butter, then place in a medium roasting tin.
In a very clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff then whisk in the sugar, a spoonful at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy.
Fold in the conserve then spoon the soufflé mixture into the prepared ramekin dishes. Bake on a centre shelf in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
- For equally gorgeous soufflés, try using Bonne Maman Berries and Cherries, Blackcurrant or Raspberry Conserve.
- For a baked Alaska-type pudding, put a small scoop of solid ice cream in the base of each ramekin before adding the soufflé mixture.