Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 red pepper (the long thin type are great for this), seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into ½ cm slices
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1 block feta, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano (use fresh if you like, but the flavour will be different)
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
Toss the pepper, onion, cucumber, olives and cherry tomatoes together in a bowl. Sprinkle over the oregano. Drizzle over olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste and season with a little salt (the feta is salty) and loads of pepper.
Crush the block of feta in your hands into the bowl so you get lots of interesting different size pieces and give the salad a final toss. Taste and adjust seasoning and dressing, if needed.
Serve with warm pitta breads on the side and devour, hopefully, in the garden.