- 8 tbsp Rubicon Mango Drink
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5cm (1 inch) piece fresh root ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 x 225g (8oz) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 Alphonso mango, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed an finely chopped
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- Coriander sprigs, to garnish
In a shallow non-metallic bowl, mix together 5 tbsp Rubicon Mango Drink with 1 tbsp of olive oil, the ginger, chilli and garlic. Add the tuna steaks, turning to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile mix together the remaining 3 tbsp Rubicon Mango Drink with the mango, spring onions, cucumber, red pepper and coriander. Season with black pepper. Cover and chill.
Heat the butter with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until done to your liking.
Spoon any remaining marinade into the pan and bubble up for 1-2 minutes.
Serve the tuna steaks with the salsa.