- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g/11oz chorizo-style pork chipolata sausages, each made into 2 small ones by pinching in the middle, twisting and then cutting
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 500ml/18fl oz passata
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400g can flageolet beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil then add the sausages, onion and garlic. Heat gently until the sausages begin to brown and the onions soften slightly.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer gently with a lid on for about 30 minutes.
3. Serve with hunks of crusty bread.