Dish type: Fish
This fresh tasting delicious summer salad is perfect for those hot balmy days when something quick and easy but oh-so-tasty is needed.
: 2 main course or 4 starter portions
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
- 2 prepared fresh crab, approx 250g mixed white and brown crabmeat
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Bottlegreen lime and coconut cordial
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1 bag rocket leaves
- 1 coconut
1. Place the crab in a bowl, add the finely chopped spring onions, chilli, 1 tbsp of the cordial, a good squeeze of lime juice and the chopped coriander, stir together and season to taste.
2. Peel and cube the mango and avocado, mix with the torn mint and rocket leaves, add the remaining cordial and a squeeze of lime juice, toss together.
3. To make the coconut curls remove the fresh coconut from the husk, using a potato peeler cut long strips of coconut, toast under a hot grill until golden.
4. To serve, use a metal ring to hold the salad in a circle on a plate, top with a layer of the crab mix, carefully lift the ring off and serve garnished with the coconut curls or simply serve spooned onto a plate in the two layers.