Chicken Satay Sticks are always a firm favourite at any party and perfect for any celebration. Alternatively you use turkey, beef or prawns and, if you like your food a little hotter, add more sweet chilli sauce.
Lime wedges, to serve
Shredded spring onion and red chilli, to garnish
1) Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
2) Cut each chicken breast into 4 long slices lengthways and then halve horizontally to give you 16 pieces.
3) Place the chicken into a large bowl and add 100g satay sauce and 2tbsp sweet chilli sauce. Toss until the chicken is evenly covered. Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes.
4) Thread the chicken in a zigzag onto the bamboo skewers.
5) Cook the chicken under a preheated grill for 4-6 minutes turning occasionally or until cooked through.
6) Serve the satay sticks with a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkled with the shredded spring onion and chilli, alongside the remaining satay sauce as a dip