200g flat dried rice noodles
185g Laksa Paste (found in most Asian supermarkets)
250g raw shelled king prawns
400ml reduced fat coconut milk
750ml hot fish stock
1tbsp palm sugar
100g bean sprouts
225g can bamboo shoots, drained
2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
4 spring onions, chopped
1 red chilli, finely sliced
1. Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water. Cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, place the Laksa paste and the prawns, stirring to ensure the prawns are coated in the spice mix.
3. Cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes then stir in the coconut milk, stock and sugar. Add the bean sprouts and bamboo shoots and simmer for 3 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
4. Stir in the coriander just before serving drain the noodles and divide between 4 large deep bowls, ladle over the soup.
5. Top with the spring onions, chilli and cucumber strips and your dish will be ready to serve.
For a Chicken Laksa, substitute the prawns for 250g of diced chicken and the fish stock for chicken stock.